NAPA Auto Care Annual Expendable Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2010 to support students in TCCs Automotive Technology program. This scholarship will be renewed annually until the recipient completes the program, assuming the student remains eligible. Should the recipient’s unmet need, as determined by the TCC Financial Aid Offices, not equal the full $1,000 award, up to $500 can be used toward the purchase of NAPA brand hand tools (excludes tool boxes and equipment).
- Student must be pursuing an Associate of Applied Science degree in Automotive Technology
- Student must plan on a career as an automotive technician
- Students entering college directly from high school must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher upon enrolling in Tidewater Community College
- If the student is already enrolled at Tidewater Community College he/she must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0. or higher
- Student must be registered as a full-time or part-time student at Tidewater Community College, with preference given to full-time students
- Student must be a Virginia resident and must enter the program with and maintain a good driving record
- Student may be required to submit his or her DMV driving record.
- Scholarship recipients are required to attend one meeting of the NAPA Auto Care Group during the academic year(s) in which he/she is receiving the scholarship