Sarah "Tata" White Kellam, Founder of Mr. Greenjeans, Scholarship
Established in 2017 by Sarah “Tata” White Kellam, founder of Mr. Greenjeans, an interior plantscaping business. This scholarship is intended to support the advancement of student development in the fields of business technology and entrepreneurship at Tidewater Community College.
It is the intent of Ms. Kellam to make this scholarship available for exemplary students who have demonstrated academic excellence and commitment to education. Criteria are as follows:
- Student must be enrolled in business management or a related field of study, or demonstrate plans to establish their own business
- Student may be a full-time or part-time student
- Student must maintain a college GPA of 3.0 or better while enrolled at TCC
- Student must have successfully completed at least 12 credit hours at TCC
- Student must demonstrate financial need
- The donor desires that the fund be used to assist students who are pursuing degrees in disciplines such as business management, where steadily progressing careers in and leadership positions are not readily available to them.
- Student must submit a brief essay outlining their educational and career aspirations with specific focus on entrepreneurial goals and leadership experience.
- Student must agree to attend one Women’s Leadership Speaker Series event per year.