Hampton Roads Automobile Dealers Association Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the Hampton Roads Automobile Dealers Association to assist students in the Automotive Technology A.A.S. program. Funds should be used for tuition, books and fees.
- Student must be pursuing an Associate of Applied Science degree in Automotive Technology and must plan on a career as an Automotive Technician.
- Student may be registered as a full-time or part-time student at Tidewater Community College, with preference given to full-time students.
- Student must have high school diploma or equivalent with a GPA of 2.5 or higher from a high school in the Hampton Roads area.
- Student must maintain a 2.0 GPA at TCC to continue to receive the award for the second and subsequent semesters.
- Students having demonstrated automotive technology ability through previously successful completion of high school automotive technology class will receive preference.
- Student must demonstrate need and have not yet met the cost of attendance.
- Student must enter the program with and maintain a good driving record.
- Student may be required to submit his or her DMV driving record.
- Student must agree to employment with a HRADA member if offered following graduation. This employment agreement will be on a “one-for-one” basis. For each full academic year of assistance, the recipient will agree to work for one full year for a HRADA member. In the event this recipient fails to meet this requirement or if the recipient fails to complete the requirements for the AAS degree, the recipient agrees to repay the Tidewater Community College Educational Foundation the full amount received from this award.
- Student is required to attend all functions related to this scholarship.
- Supplemental Questions
- I understand that if I am selected for this scholarship I will be required to produce my driving record and agree to work for an HRADA company after graduation.
- Which automotive program are you currently enrolled in?
- If you are currently working the automotive industry, please provide the name of your employer.