Ann Peele Ambrose Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Dean Ann Peele Ambrose for Administrative Support Technology students at the Portsmouth Campus. Dean Ambrose was a professor in this discipline for 23 years before becoming Dean. This scholarship is intended to support deserving students pursuing careers in the administrative assistant field.
- Candidate may be a full-time or part-time student
- Candidate must list AAS Administrative Support Technology as his/her major
- Candidate must have a minimum GPA of 2.7
- Preference giving to students attending the Portsmouth Campus
- Candidate must demonstrate at least one service/community activity in the past 12 months
- Candidate must document at least one campus/college service activity in the past 12 months
- Candidate must have completed at least 30 credits of degree if attending full-time and 15 credits if attending part-time
- Full-time student must be enrolled in at least 12 degree credits during the semester in which the scholarship will be used
- Part-time students must be enrolled in at least 6 degree credits during the semester in which the scholarship will be used
- Candidate must submit a short essay describing their career/vocational goals
- Candidate must provide the name and email address for two people who can provide letters of recommendation. At least one person should be an AST faculty member.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please share about your career and educational aspirations and how you would benefit from this scholarship. In addition, how would you contribute to the Tidewater Community College community?
- Please provide the names and email addresses for two people who can provide letters of recommendation. One person should be an AST faculty member.
- Please provide documentation of involvement in at least one community service activity within the past twelve months.
- Please provide documentation of involvement in at least one campus/college service activity within the past twelve months.