Portsmouth Lions Disabilities Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the Portsmouth Host Lions Club in 2003 to support a student with disabilities at TCC’s Portsmouth Campus. The funds can be applied to tuition, books, personal assistive technology or transportation costs (excluding personal vehicles).
- Student must list Portsmouth as home campus
- Student must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours and have attended TCC at least one semester prior to award
- Student must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Student must have documentation meeting TCC guidelines for disability on file with Disability Services
- Student must be documented as legally blind or as a learning disabled with a statistically significant weakness in reading word recognition relative to ability
- Student must be willing to share the receipt of the scholarship through print and electronic TCC publications
- Student must submit an end-of-year progress report outlining his/her individual accomplishments and detail how the scholarship helped him/her achieve those accomplishments
- Supplemental Questions
- Student must show proof that they have met the TCC guidelines for disability and have documentation on file with the Disability Services Office.