Nicholas Andrasz Academic and Social Service Endowed Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Nicholas and Helen Andrasz to support a student who is active in community service activities at the Virginia Beach Campus. The funds should be applied to tuition and fees.
- Student must be a resident of Virginia Beach
- Student must be a graduate of a Virginia Beach high school
- Student may be a new or continuing student and may be enrolled full-time or part-time
- Student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (in the case of no other eligible applicants a GPA of 2.75 or higher will be considered)
- Student must have not yet met cost of attendance
- Student has spent considerable amount (minimum of 100 hours) of non-paid volunteer time helping make his/her community a better place in the following recognized categories:
1. Hospital: volunteer in a public hospital or health clinic with the exception of Planned Parenthood, Public Safety: Volunteer with EMT, Fire Fighter, or Police.
2. Mentoring/Tutoring: Volunteer with boy’s or girls’ clubs, big brothers, big sisters, scouting, etc.
3. Shelters: Volunteer in a shelter for the homeless, battered women or battered children
4. Elder Care: Volunteer with Meals on Wheels, senior citizen centers, or nursing homes.
Student must attend the TCC Educational Foundation Scholarship luncheon held annually in February to meet the donor or make arrangements to meet with the donor on another date prior to the luncheon.