Tidewater Area Fleet Manager's Association (TAFMA) Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2010 by the Tidewater Area Fleet Managers Association (TAFMA) to support students planning a career in the automotive industry. The funds should be used for tuition, books, equipment, and fees associated with enrollment in the Automotive Technology Associate of Applied Science, Automotive Career Studies Certificates and/or Diesel Career Studies Certificate Program.
- Student must be a Virginia resident
- Student must be enrolled full-time unless the student has already completed first year general education requirements, then part time students may be eligible
- Student must be enrolled the Automotive Technology Associate of Applied Science, Automotive Career Studies Certificates, and/or a Diesel Career Studies Certificate Program.
- Continuing students must maintain a 2.0 or higher GPA
- High school students must have a minimum 2.0 GPA or higher
- Students having demonstrated automotive technology ability through previously successful completion of high school automotive technology class will receive preference
- A high school transcript is required. (A scholarship candidate who graduated from high school more than five years ago, or received a GED, may be awarded the scholarship. In this case, the recipient is not required to present a 2.0 GPA.)
- Student must have not yet met the cost of attendance for the year and must enter the program with and maintain a good driving record.
- Student may be required to submit his or her DMV driving record.
- Student must plan on a career as an automotive technician and must agree to employment with a TAFMA member at the prevailing rate, if offered following graduation. This employment agreement will be on a “one-for-one” basis. For each full academic year of assistance, the recipient will agree to work for one full year for a TAFMA member. In the event this recipient fails to meet this requirement, or if the recipient fails to complete the requirements for the AAS degree or Career Studies Certificate, the recipient agrees to repay Tidewater Community College Educational Foundation the full amount received from this scholarship.
- Supplemental Questions
- By applying for this scholarship, I understand that if selected I will be required to submit a driving record from the DMV before receiving this award and will be required to work for a TAFMA approved organization after graduation.
- If you are currently working the automotive industry, please provide the name of your employer.
- Are you currently enrolled in the diesel technology program (790)?