Tidewater Area Fleet Manager's Association (TAFMA) Scholarship
It is the desire of the Tidewater Area Manager’s Association to establish an expendable scholarship, which shall be called the Tidewater Area Fleet Managers Association Scholarship or TAFMA Scholarship.
- Student must be a Virginia resident
- Student must be enrolled full-time or part-time with preference given to full-time students.
- Student must be enrolled the Diesel Technology: Medium/Heavy truck AAS degree, the Diesel Engine Technician career studies certificate or the Diesel Medium/Heavy truck career studies certificate.
- Continuing students must maintain a 2.0 or higher GPA
- High school students must have a minimum 2.0 GPA or higher
- Students having demonstrated automotive technology ability through previously successful completion of high school automotive technology class will receive preference
- A high school transcript is required. (A scholarship candidate who graduated from high school more than five years ago, or received a GED, may be awarded the scholarship. In this case, the recipient is not required to present a 2.0 GPA.)
- Student must have not yet met the cost of attendance for the year.
*The recipient must be currently employed at a TAFMA member facility.
- Supplemental Questions
- If you are currently working in the automotive industry, please provide the name of your employer.
- Are you currently enrolled in the diesel technology program (790)?