Betty Rogers Wanat Scholarship
The Fleet Reserve Association Virginia Beach Branch 166 established this scholarship in 2016 in honor of Ms. Betty Rogers Wanat. Betty served her country as a U.S. Navy Cryptologist and later served as Staff Officer with the Armed Forces Security Agency. Her husband, T. Frank Wanat, CTC, USN was a Pearl Harbor Survivor. Betty was among many proud recipients of the 50th Anniversary Congressional Commemorative Medal awarded to Pear Harbor survivors and next of kin. She was an active member and volunteer serving in many clubs and groups that support our military men and women.
- Candidate may be full-time or part-time student
- Candidate must be a military-related student, specifically enlisted or prior-enlisted in the Coast Guard, Navy or Marines
- Preference is given to Virginia Beach FRA Branch 166 members, spouses, children grand or great-grandchildren attending any campus of TCC
- Continuing students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5, new students must have a high school GPA of 2.5
- Candidate must submit a brief essay outlining their educational and career aspirations and, if relevant, name of FRA Branch 166 family member
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit a brief essay outlining your educational and career aspirations and, if relevant, the name of your FRA Branch 166 family member.
- Please upload documentation of military affiliation (ex: DD214, VA card, Uniformed Service ID card)