Hites Family Community College Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist graduating students transferring from Tidewater Community College to a four-year, regionally accredited institution leading to a baccalaureate degree. The scholarship is renewable each semester for two academic years, provided the recipient continues to meet the criteria. The award will be payable to the four-year institution over four semesters in equal amounts. Awards may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies.
- Student must have completed a minimum of 50 credit hours at the time of transfer
- Student must be accepted and enrolled as a full-time student in a regionally accredited four-year educational institution leading to a baccalaureate degree prior to award distribution.
- Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better during the first and second years of the student’s enrollment at the four-year institution.
- Student must be classified as a full-time student and maintain that status throughout the semester to be eligible for renewal
- Student must maintain a 2.75 GPA during the first semester of the first year and a 3.0 cumulative GPA during each of the following semesters.
- If the student attends an institution that operates on other than a semester basis or other that a 4.0 system, the equivalent institutional definitions would prevail.
- If selected, each semester the student will provide TCC a copy of their college transcript to renew the scholarship for the next semester.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your acceptance letter from a four year institution.